The true value of data is measured by the positive action taken as a result of understanding the data. Socrata Performance™ helps governments identify specific, measurable goals founded on actual data to help them become more operationally efficient, effectively meet constituent needs, and create economic growth in their communities.
Who Uses Socrata Performance
A Holistic Performance Program
It’s not enough to announce some targets and then hope that they get accomplished somewhere along the way. Socrata Performance™ helps government organizations fully define and manage specific goals to fulfill campaign promises and serve constituent needs.
- Create goals based on the latest data uploaded to the system across as many departmental or functional areas needed
- Use data connectors to easily keep data fresh with minimal human intervention
- Organize your goals from a single dashboard that shows the status of all goals from a single view
- Scale your performance program up or down as needed, expanding to additional areas, or by focusing on the top priorities for your government
Active Problem Solving
By making teams and departments accountable to achieving their goals, they become incented to function as efficiently as possible. Providing insight into progress gives a team the ability to adjust, improve, and optimize their efforts to maximize their likelihood of success.
- Publish the goals to keep teams accountable to the executive office as well as local citizens
- See trends over time in order to assess current efforts and determine if changes need to be made
- Make tactical changes midstream to maximize a team or department effectiveness and likelihood for success
- Foster a learning environment by trying new things when it can make a difference, rather than trying to understand what to do after the fact
Transparency into the government’s priorities gives citizens the insight to know if their tax dollars are being put to good use. By communicating clearly to constituents, citizens can provide feedback more easily, and governments can be more responsive to the feedback they receive.
- Describe the goal in plain language and define it as a goal to increase, reduce, maintain, or just measure a metric by a specified date
- Add narrative and context to individual goals to communicate the goal’s importance, how it is being measured, how the issue is being addressed, and additional supporting information
- Clearly articulate ways in which the community can get involved
- Keep data refreshed regularly so the community can see progress being made over time
“I initiated the CountyStat program because I feel strongly that our residents have the right to expect every County department and employee to be responsive and accountable for every aspect of the services they are providing.”
“They are engaging with the city and talking about data, city statistics, in a way that they never would have otherwise. That’s what you want with community engagement – that you get people involved who haven’t been involved.”
“We are setting and tracking goals, not just so that we know how we, as the government, is doing, but so that the community can hold us accountable.”
Request a Meeting
Interested in seeing how your Government performs? Fill out the form and a qualified Socrata representative will set up a no obligation meeting to assess your needs.