Why You Won’t Want to Miss Data Camp at Socrata Connect
Complete your Socrata Connect experience with Data Camp, a full day of hands-on, small workshops, breakouts, and discussions. Data Camp is your chance to ask questions and gain hands-on knowledge that will help you take your open data program to the next level once you’re back in the office. For last year’s attendees, Data Camp sessions were frequent favorites.
There are Data Camp sessions tailored for both executives and technical users — discover how to work in Data.JSON, design your first open data roadmap, or build dashboards in Socrata Performance. This is your day, so get the most out of it: You can attend many sessions, or drop in to just a few and focus on networking with peers. Consider this a choose-your-own adventure day!
If you’re a program user, you might want to attend:
- Build Goals and Dashboards Using Socrata Performance — this workshop will give you the all the tools you need to track your performance
- Publish and Visualize Data Using Socrata Public — get a complete walk-through of how to upload and navigate datasets and create visualizations
If you’re a developer, you might want to attend:
- Loading Files Using DataSync — see how DataSync can help you automate data uploads, complete with a live demonstration
- API: Ask Me Anything with Chris Metcalf — got a nagging questions about the Socrata API? Chris Metcalf is the man with the answers.
If you’re an executive, you might want to attend:
- How to Set Data Priorities and Create Your Publishing Roadmap — hands-on prioritization exercises will help you create a roadmap so you publish the most useful, actionable datasets
- From Transparent to Transformative — building on a decade of experience, and work with hundreds of governments, Socrata’s developed the Open Government Maturity Model. See how it can inspire your government’s next move.
Those are just a few of the planned workshops — see the full list of sessions here. Whatever your focus or job description, there’s a session — or several — you won’t want to miss at Data Camp. This final day of Socrata Connect is an opportunity to see best practices in action, learn from your fellow governments, and get hands-on. There’s still time to register for Socrata Connect, happening March 6-8 in Washington, D.C.