Using Public Data to Enjoy the Great Outdoors
Just because fall is here doesn’t mean it’s time to give up on the outdoors. In fact, depending where you live, autumn may be the best time of year to enjoy the great outdoors.
Across the U.S. and Canada, public recreation data can help people find the best local park, hidden gems, or outdoor venues to enjoy a favorite pastime.
- Track Sports Fields in Edmonton, Canada:Find the right track for you by searching Edmonton’s local track map. You can also narrow your search by the type of track material you prefer when walking, running, or even skipping.
- Park Sport Surfaces and Locations in Calgary, Canada: Recently sign up for a sports league? Before you purchase new gear, see what type of surfaces you’ll be playing on — grass, turf, shale, dirt.
- Tennis Courts in Oakland, CA: Lace up your shoes and check out the tennis courts nearest you. The city of Oaklands lays it all out for you in this map. Game, set, match!
- Picking the Best Park in Stamford, CT: Looking for the best spot to pick up a game of flag football while enjoying a picnic with family and friends? Stamford not only provides park location, but also shares details on operating hours, reservation requirements, parking information and more.
- BMX Skate, Baseball, and More Strathcona County, Canada: Strathcona County is making your life easy! Check out this list and filter to find the park that suits your interests. Whether it’s a baseball, camping, football or golf location you are looking for, you’re bound to find it here.
- Set up for a Spike in Seattle, WA: Data collected by the city of Seattle is helping you locate a volleyball court near your neighborhood. So grab your friends and a ball, and hit the court!
- Sort through the Parks of the City of Henderson, NV: The City of Henderson has come up with a great way for residents to sort through fields that match their activity needs. Find the perfect horseshoe pit, an amphitheater to host a play, or even a splash pad for warm autumn afternoons.
- One Map with All Park Features in Nashville, TN: Similar to other cities and counties, Nashville has also compiled data to help you explore the city and spend more time outdoors. Search for the perfect venue, pack the car and get outside!
San Mateo County, home to Silicon Valley, is a paradise of activity. But its high cost of living and well-documented housing shortage is spurring residents to considering relocating. Read how San Mateo public servants are using data to make the region a place where everyone can live.