SeeClickFix and Socrata Partner for Open Data Day
When it comes to providing better citizen services, 311 data is some of the most powerful data a city can hold. In support of Open Data Day, Socrata, the world’s most powerful open data platform, and SeeClickFix, the most widely distributed citizen reporting and engagement solution, are collaborating to provide the SeeClickFix Socrata Download tool through February 24, 2014. Participants can easily download data from and import data into Socrata.
Citizens can visualize SeeClickFix data in new and different ways when it’s loaded into a Socrata Open Data Portal. A wide variety of maps, charts, and graphs contextualize the data in ways that helps citizens better understand what’s going on in their neighborhood and contribute to the conversation. Chart open, acknowledged, and closed issues to see trends in citizen services, or compare your city’s 311 performance against other cities around the country.
Data is essential to the 21st century citizen experience, and it’s still a largely untapped resource for improving government collaboration and moving towards better, data-driven decision making. By opening visibility into 311 data, stakeholders from across many different government agencies can leverage data to make more informed, forward looking decisions.
Top cities are using this kind data to improve the quality of their citizens’ lives in a variety of ways.
- Civic apps like TowText. You’re in Chicago and your car is missing. Was it towed? Stolen? TowText removes some of the guesswork. Sign up and the city will text you within 15 minutes if they had to move your vehicle.
- Goal-setting, tracking, and reporting. In Edmonton, reporting potholes is just the beginning. Their citizen dashboards help local governments set service goals and report back to constituents in real time.
- Communicating information visually on a Socrata Open Data Portal. With Hurricane Sandy bearing down on New York City, evacuation and floodplain data was critical to keeping citizens safe. With the Socrata Open Data Portal, it was easy to publish, map, and share with citizens getting ready for the storm.
Get Started Today
1. Click here to download SeeClickFix Data
2. Now that you have your data, experience it by uploading it to Socrata’s Open Data Platform during CodeAcross and Open Data Day.