10 Ways to Transform How Cities Work
When government leaders get together to discuss cities, data, and making an impact, what wisdom do they have to share?
Questions for Performance Management Leaders
1. What’s the one thing you wish you had known before starting your current position as a leader in government innovation?
2. Give an example of a problem you addressed in your city by “Leading with Data.” How did you define the problem? What approach did you use and what results did you achieve?
3. How do you begin an engagement with your customers? What are the first steps to getting started?
4. How do you ensure that you and your team are seen as: a) an office that people want to work with and b) not the only place where “innovation” can happen?
5. How do you overcome the common fear of failure and experimentation in government?’
What We Learned
The discussion that followed included plenty of insights, wisdom, and head nods from those gathered. Common issues discussed were increasing data literacy, automating processes, setting data standards, and how to communicate with data owners.
Hoping to make the most of the attendees’ time and wisdom, we collaborated with our partners, sorted through our notes from the event, and created a list of “10 Ways to Transform the Way Cities Work” for you to download.
Join Our Discussions
Want to get involved in a future event for performance leaders? Socrata is hosting a series of gatherings throughout the U.S. in the coming months. Let us know you’re interested by sending us an email.